The head of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres warned governments, calling out for “immediate, rapid and large-scale” cuts to greenhouse gas emissions in order to curb impacts already negatively affecting the climate.
As reported by PBS News, U.N. Chief said that global warming and climate change is happening on a much faster pace than predicted. The long-lasting effects from already released emissions into the atmosphere are inevitable.
“These changes are just the beginning of worse to come,” Guterres said, with hopes the dire message will appeal to governments to meet the goals that were originally created at the Paris Climate Accord back in 2015.
- What if “Non-human Biologics” are Watching?
- ‘Most Significant Charges Yet’: Trump Indicted for Trying to Overturn 2020 Election
- But what am I?’ Pee-wee Herman creator and star, Paul Reubens dead at 70
- The Congressional Hearing On UFOs Confirmed the Existence of Aliens? Maybe
- The Earthly Frontier: Building a Sustainable Future at Home
Lynxotic may receive a small commission based on any purchases made by following links from this page