Remember: Being Prepared is the crucial first step
We all know that a disaster can strike at any time and any where in the world. A 7.1 magnitude earthquake rocked Southern California in July 2019. This year, 2020, has already brought upon many disasters already, Hurricane Laura, the Beirut explosion, the ongoing wildfires in Northern California, monsoon flooding, not to mention the global Coronavirus pandemic.
September is National Preparedness Month which began in 2004 and sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). This is the month that Americans are encouraged to make preparation in the even of an emergency, whether for your home, business, schools or your community. Check out the official site for detailed information, we have broken it down to easy steps to help you prepare for an emergency/disaster.
Be Ready – Step 1: Make a Plan
The most important part of preparing if a disaster strikes is to have a plan. Having a plan involved answering the following type of questions.
- What is my shelter plan?
- What is my evacuation route?
- How will my Family communicate?
- Do I have my emergency preparedness kit ready?
Step 2: Build A Kit and Supplies
To assemble your kit store items in airtight plastic bags and put your entire disaster supplies kit in one or two easy-to-carry containers such as plastic bins or a duffel bag.
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Lynxotic may receive a small commission based on any purchases made by following links from this page.
Books2 weeks ago
Digging Deep Can Payoff: Netflix Suggestion Engine can be Challenging
News4 weeks ago
’60 minutes’ UFO segment was a recap of what’s known: What’s Next is Big
Business3 weeks ago
Elon Musk is taking sides in the ‘True Battle’ between Crypto & Fiat
Breaking News1 month ago
Elon Musk Announces BitCoin Reversal
Crypto4 weeks ago
Elon Musk looking to fix Dogecoin System Transaction Efficiency after Bitcoin Reversal
Entertainment2 weeks ago
Midnight Tonight these 20 Classic Films will be Gone from Netflix
Books4 weeks ago
Netflix’s “Lupin Part 2”: The Quest for Revenge is Iimminent: Official Trailer
Apps1 week ago
Billie Eilish Strikes again on TikTok: “Slumber Party” Rehearsal (X)
Celebrities3 weeks ago
Liam Neeson in Netflix’s ‘The Ice Road’: Deja Vu of High Stakes and Treacherous Terrain
Entertainment3 days ago
What Time Will Gina Rodriguez’s ‘Awake’ Be on Netflix? Now. Find out what happens
AI7 days ago
New Jason Statham Video or Deepfake TikTok Account? You Decide
Entertainment4 weeks ago
Zack Snyder’s ‘Army of the Dead’ in Theaters now and on Netflix very soon (Trailer)